Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cookbook # 68 Cook Yourself Thin Faster


I don't know why I have this cookbook, except that I've caught the show a few times and really enjoyed it.  Nothing earth shattering--it's all pretty common sense changes to make the recipes a bit healthier.  Sadly, none of the recipes acknowledge the beauty of chia.  I fixed that.

The cookbook promises over 75 new recipes I can make in a flash.  While it was the White Pizza with Roasted Mushrooms and Pineapple Mojitos recipes that caught my eye--I gave into the siren call of the lemons on my counter. On one hand, anything with lemon is divine.  On the other hand, I can't get enough raspberries when they are in season.  Put your hands together and you have Raspberry Lemon Tea cake.  Sigh.

 
It all starts off with a bit of chia seed gel (pureed instead of whole this time) and a bit of yogurt straining.





Raspberry Lemon Tea Cake
Adapted from Cook Yourself Thin Faster

1 ½ cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
¾ cup strained plain yogurt
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
¾ cup sugar
Zest of 2 lemons
1 pint raspberries, washed
1/3 cup pureed chia gel

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Oil and flour loaf pan
In a small bowl whisk dry ingredients
In a medium bowl whisk yogurt, eggs, vanilla, sugar and lemon zest. Stir in dry ingredients taking care not to over-mix. Fold in raspberries and finally, chia gel.
Transfer batter to baking pan and bake for 50-55 mins or until golden. Cool for 5 mins before running a knife around edges and flipping loaf onto cooling rack.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

this looks so yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

scrumptious! will we be having that for saturday morning breakfast?

-S

Colleen said...

Yum! I'm pretty sure that that wouldn't make me any thinner as I would probably want to eat the entire loaf by myself!

Brown Family Blog said...

I bought chia the other day at the Farmers Market in honor of you. :O)

Lila said...

I love this show and didn't even know they had a cookbook. Yippy skippy!