Saturday, December 8, 2012

Salt Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies


Christmas baking has begun....happy, happy, happy indeed.  You know what's just as happy as  Christmas baking in my opinion? 

These....


Who knew such goodness existed?  I'm a Dove's dark chocolate girl through and through.  I have some in the car, some at the office and of course, some at home.  I've never ventured to any of the other flavors since they are either milk chocolate (travesty right? ) or flavors that don't turn my head for a second glance.  Until these of course.  These caramels are the really soft oozy caramels similar to Frans  and they have that dark Dove chocolate shell.  Nothing every really comes all that close to Fran's Gray Salt Caramels but these are pretty darned scrummy. They are a Target exclusive flavor so you'll need to head into that bullseye wonderland but who doesn't go to Target weekly really?   Dove's and Target--I love you both dearly. 


I used a standard pudding mix chocolate chip cookie recipe for that soft chewy cookie texture.  If you prefer a crispy cookie, you can opt for a different cookie recipe.  The Dove's caramel is really the star of this show. 




These are best still warm  and ooey and gooey, but the caramel stays soft even as the cookies cool. 


Salt Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup softened butter
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 (3 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/4 cups flour
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1 package Dove Sea Salt Caramel Dark Chocolates

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375
  2. Whisk together flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
  3. Beat together butter, sugars, vanilla, and pudding mix in a large mixing bowl until smooth and creamy.
  4. Beat in eggs one at a time
  5. Gradually mix in flour mixture.
  6. Stir in chips (batter will be stiff).
  7. Scoop out one tsp cookie dough and flatten.  Unwrap Dove chocolate and place on cookie.  Scoop out additional 1 tsp cookie batter, flatten and lay over top of Dove square.  Pick up cookie and Dove layers and seal edges well.  Finished cookie should be slightly flattened.
  8. Repeat with remaining cookie dough
  9. Bake  for 10 minutes.
  10. Remove from oven and cool on cooling racks

10 comments:

Lila said...

OMG. I had no idea Doves made these but I am heading to Target this very weekend. Can't wait to try these, I've never added pudding to my cookies but I do love chewy chocolate chip cookies.

Lila said...

Chocolate chip cookies are forever my favorite kind of cookie and I love salt caramels too. I can't wait to find these Doves at Target! Yummy pictures especially the one with the melted caramel and chocolate.

Lila said...

YUMMO! I saw these at Target once and bought one bag only to find that my Target stopped carrying them. I'm so bummed because I loved them! These look so good though I might be too greedy to share my chocolates with a cookie! :)

Lila said...

I just found these Doves last week too! My husband hates them so just means more for me! I love the idea of putting them into a cookie!

Lila said...

These look fabulous. I really like your recipes and ideas.

Lila said...

Holy delicious! I’ve only recently found the deliciousness that is salted caramel!

Lila said...

You’ve swooned me again. Probably more times than my own boyfriend has, but that’s besides the point. I’m OB.SESSED with salt caramel and chocolate. This is something I see myself face-dunking in again and again.

Lila said...

I was headed to Target yesterday and read this just before I left. My Target had them and I bought lots of bags for stocking stuffers. I will try these cookies too. I've never heard of pudding in cookies but sounds great if it makes them soft.

Bronwyn said...

So delicious looking. I like anything salt caramel!

Lila said...

Chocolate chip cookies are an almost weekly cookie in our house. I'm going to mix it up with these!