Saturday, December 31, 2011

Merry Christmas!


Or belated Christmas that is.  Can you believe it's come and gone so quickly? Sad.  And while I intended to take a slight break from blogging over Christmas, I didn't mean for it to be so long.  I woke up sick on Christmas morning like I haven't been in years and spent a few days tucked under some blankets on my mom's couch. Kind of nice to have a few lazy days really. Apologies to the nice gent who got to sit next to me on the short flight that took me from my mom's couch to my own.  Yes, I was one of those people you glare at at the airport but what do you do?

Funny thing about being single and being sick?  I didn't realize I had laryngitis immediately because as it turns out, I don't talk much at home when I'm by myself.  Not sure why that would be a surprise but it really had me thinking that I could actually be silent for the entire day if not for Brooklyn.    

Other than a little sickness, Christmas was phenomenal.  Colorado gave us some beautiful white snow.  I do love snow. 


I was remarkably restrained when it came to taking photos but I did capture the requisite Christmas eve shots of Peanut and Chipmunk...together again.


A one year old and a four year old so enthralled with their new Christmas "laptops." Still cracks me up. 




And Christmas baking was a perfect time to try out some of the Pinterest pins that have just been sitting on my boards. Way too many pins, way too little time.  

Loved the peppermint bark in the shape of snowflakes idea.  Super easy way to crank out treats for all 18 of Brooklyn's Doggie Daycare caregivers.  


Homemade Samoas cookies...these were awesome!  My Girl Scout favs are actually the Tagalongs but Christmas is already a peanut butter treats overload in our house.  If one can really overload on peanut butter.  


And a couple of child friendly treats to make... Rolo Pretzel Turtles and Melted Snowman Cookies.  Love Pinterest.


Hope your Christmas was as blessed and merry!

11 comments:

Lila said...

I've been wanting to make those samosa for ages its on my pinterest board to! Looks so yummy and what happy festive pictures!

Hope you had a merry christmas and happy new year and are feeling better.

Lila said...

Sick on christmas day is no fun. Hope you are feeling better. Love all of the photos looks like a wonderful holiday with family

sophia said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you Mary!

I love the photo of your nieces on their laptops. We bought my daughter one too and she loves it and thinks its just like ours. We do live in a different age than when I grew up for sure! :) I also wanted to try the snowflake peppermint bark myself. Yours looks great!

Lila said...

Oh no about the laryngitis but I think I can relate. As a single girl without any pets, I think I've gone an entire weekend without saying a single word. It's refreshing though since I spend my week on the phone. The photos are all lovely, what beautiful nieces you have!
Happy New years to you and I love reading your blog. Thank you for sharing!

Lila said...

Fun beautiful pictures!! Hope you are feeling better and happy new year!

Lila said...

Happy happy new year to you and Brooklyn! I would love to go all day without talking, sometimes all I do is "talk" to my kids! Gotta try those samoas, yours look so good!

Bronwyn said...

Love all the photos! Happy New Year!

Lila said...

Your nieces have grown so much! Love the photos and hope you are feeling better!

Monica said...

Glad you are better. BTW dad and the boys including hubby got sick, but me and mom and Chipmunk and Peanut did not. Love the pics!

Melody said...

looks like you all had a great time! Peanut is so big!

Lila said...

Awww, cute pictures, love the laptops!! Happy New year to you!