Monday, March 24, 2014

ONA Chelsea Bag


I have a handbag weakness.  I know this.  Even in my New Year's purge and move to more minimalism, I still love my handbags.  I've purged a crazy amount of things in the new year including clothing and shoes, but my sweet bags sit on their protected shelf in the closet.  

And this beauty?  Well she serves double duty as a camera bag.  Get out of here right?  I still get e-mails about bags in my original camera bag post, and yes, I still love my Flipside.  It's just the right size to carry all the lenses and accessories I want when I travel and it fits perfectly  under the seat in front of you when flying.  It's also the only choice for hiking.  But sometimes a girl just wants a classic bag to match her riding boots...of course.  

The first time I saw an ONA camera bag it was obsession at first site.  Unfortunately for me, I saw their Venice bag just as it was being discontinued and I couldn't find it in a color I wanted.  This bag is evidence that good things come to those who wait.  


Look at the leather grain and hatch pattern on this girl.  What especially drew me to ONA was that their bags actually are real, quality, yummy, scrummy leather.  While there are tons of ultra cute camera bags out there now, I've seen very few that are real leather.  Yes, the faux stuff is lighter and probably more waterproof, but the leather is yummier for sure.  While I generally tend to be drawn to camera bags with pockets on the outside, I love the clean classic lines of this bag.  The back of the bag has one zipper pocket for holding your cell phone and some lip gloss. 

The Chelsea bag is a pretty good size for traipsing about town with your DSLR....as you can see I can fit quite a bit in mine: One body, one extra lens, remote, extra battery and CF cards, hand cream, wet wipes, snacks/mints, compact, lip goodies, wallet, sunnies and of course my phone and my little Kindle.

Yes, I do still love my Black Rapid too.  I use the full strap when I'm out of the house and use this little wrist strap in the house just for peace of mind...Black Rapid's carabiners makes switching them out easy peasy.


It fits perfectly and the padding in this is ridiculously thick and protective.  The cross dividers have velcro like most camera bags so you can customize the slots for all of your lenses or your wallet. 


Of course, the question all camera bags must answer for Canon girls is whether the bag holds the 70-200.  I threw in the iPad as well because that's probably the next question. 


The Chelsea bag will hold both of these--there's a divided section made for a tablet.  Mine gets a little thick here because I have a quick release plate mounted to the bottom of my camera and I have a bigger case on my iPad.  If you have a thin iPad case and  no quick plate, this bag zips right up.  The one thing this bag won't do is make carrying your iPad and the 70-200 light as a feather.  I don't often carry either of these two things around which is a good thing because loaded up with these items makes this bag crazy heavy even if you attach the long shoulder strap that's also provided.  The little bitty straps kind of scare me with that much weight.  

I know I fall in love with a lot of  bags but this one's stayed front and center since I bought it last summer.  The Chelsea just screams quality craftsmanship.  My only buyer's remorse have been moments when I wondered if I should have purchased the black Chelsea instead.  Or the Brooklyn---love the Brooklyn bag too.    I can't even look at ONA's site anymore because of the temptation.  


Speaking of Brooklyn, I took a little one out to enjoy the new super powdery snow a couple of weekends ago.  Puppies playing in snow pictures never get old. :)





22 comments:

sophia said...

This is a stunning bag, it reminds me of a certain designers epi bag! gorgeous and I really can't believe it's a camera bag!

Bronwyn said...

This is possibly the most beautiful camera bag my eyes ever spied. I love the leather too and the shape is classic. Gorgeous!!

Bronwyn said...

That's one cute BT too BTW. :)

Lila said...

I have had my heart set on this bag forever but can't justify. It's beautiful!!!! And where did you find the philosophy watermelon gloss? My sister and I are addicted but can't find it anywhere. :(

Lila said...

Okay, I just added this bag to my birthday wish list. My husband might have a heartache at the cost but wow! I think I want the black one but it will be a hard decision in the end.

Lila said...

I have bag envy right now. I saw this bag on pinterest awhile ago but completely forgot how beautiful it was! This is on my list for sure now. I love the leather, it does remind me of the LV epi.

Lila said...

I have a purse addiction too. This one is beautiful and I can't believe it's also a camera bag! It's not in my budget but I'm keeping it in mind anyway.

Brooklyn is too cute playing in the snow!

Lila said...

I just bought the Palma and I swear it looks and feels like and old school coach bag. This one is so pretty too but a bit big for me but definitely a beauty! I think there bags are just too hot!

Lila said...

I thought I loved the Kelly Moore bags but wow! Is the leather much heavier? I think that would be the advantage of the Kelly Moore or Epiphanie camera bags like you say, but this is the only camera bag I've seen that I would happily carry as my purse without a camera. It's just so pretty!

Lila said...

I saw an Ona bag on pinterest and died because I couldn't believe a camera bag could be that fashionable and chic. I love this one especially and love how big and padded it is too! Want!

Lila said...

I love bostons! Yours is adorable and super cute camera bag! Way cuter than the black ones that say canon on them.

Lila said...

this is a totally hot bag! I have the Louis epi and love it and this looks a lot like it. I think I need one now for my camera because i don't carry it around enough. thanks for the review!

Lila said...

gorgeous bag!

Lila said...

I have a BT too and yours looks like the same ham mine is. They just seem to love everything about life. :)

What a gorgeous bag, I'd carry it around and I'm not a photographer!

Lila said...

This is a camera bag? No way! I just bought my first nice camera and was wondering how I could carry it with me every day. I've been rolling it up in a tshirt so far. The price on this bag though, ouch! It's more than my last 2 coach purchases together. :(

Lila said...

I was thinking of getting this bag too but was wondering if it was padded enough and if it was heavy. You answered both questions. thanks.

Lila said...

This bag is totally to die for! I love bowler shaped bags and it drives my hubs crazy. :) I do need one for my camera as it turns out.

Lila said...

I love your style and I love this bag. I don't even take pictures or have a nice camera and I want this bag. Beeeyoooooteeeful!

Monica said...

Cute bag. You must get that handbag love from mom. I did not.

Lila said...

What a gorgeous, gorgeous bag. I added it to my birthday list but hubs has already said nice try. I'll continue to try though. I love bags and purses too!

Lila said...

One day when you are not paying close attention, this bag will disappear from your place. :) I love it too and I think I've talked someone into getting it for me for our anniversary.

Lila said...

Beautiful camera bag! I added this to my birthday list.