Friday, September 7, 2012

Green Chile Hummus


How exactly do you begin sorting through hundreds of vacation photos?  I think procrastination has it's place sometimes...so instead of looking those photos full on in the face, I got back into my humble little kitchen after a week away.  Green chiles are still my great love affair of the moment.  Paired with hummus, it's a perfect blend of smooth lemony hummus and a bit of green chile kick. 


Does hummus really need a recipe?  You just throw one 15 ounce can of drained garbanzos into a food processor along with juice of one lemon, 1/4 cup olive oil, one heaping spoonful of tahini(some say this is optional but I think tahini is essential)  and 2 garlic gloves and puree like CRAZY.   To make it green chile hummus I threw in 2 freshly roasted chiles peeled and chopped and 1/2 tsp cumin before pureeing. 

Easy peasy.



I love buying those fancy schmancy sandwiches for lunch that have hummus in them.  Throw them on a sandwich or wrap at home and you'll think you have a pretty schmance sandwich too. 

Hummus is much easier than sorting through vacation photos. 



Green Chile Hummus

1 15oz can garbanzos rinsed and drained
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
juice of one lemon
1/4-1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 freshly roasted and peeled green chiles, roughly chopped
1 heaping tbsp tahini
1/2 tsp cumin

Add all ingredients to food processor and blend thoroughly

6 comments:

Lila said...

My pictures stay in the camera for months which is probly worse so I understand! I love hummus and love green chiles. Can't wait to try this.

sophia said...

I buy tons and tons of humus and had no idea it was so easy to make. I'm always surprised to see I can make things at home!

Lila said...

I order hummus sandwiches a few times every week and always think, gee, these are just veggies and hummus, why DONT I make these at home?!??! I really like the idea of adding green chilies!

Bonjour! said...

,,,love hummus and "bonus!" when it's homemade with roasted green chili,,,

Lila said...

Made this last night for book club and it was a huge hit! thanks again for another winner recipe!

Bronwyn said...

this is exactly my kind of everyday food! we bought fire roasted chilies this past weekend and made green chili.