Sunday, June 28, 2009

Cookbook # 10 Simply Delicioso

I recently felt like I was really making progress in my mad plan to cook through all of my cookbooks in one year...this is number 10. Then I realized that I still have close to 70 left. That's like 8-9 recipes a month? Who can cook that much?

I absolutely love this cookbook--apparently I am the exception here. Perhaps it's because the flavors are so foreign to me--there are such exotic sounding treats such as watermelon and feta salad. I do love sweet and salty combos. I have about 10 more sticky notes marking pages, but with 8-9 recipes a month to stay on track for the year, well, it looks like I won't be making them soon.
Eggs Benedict is my standard order when having brekkie out, probably because I thought I'd never make it at home. Hollandaise seems scary but it actually ended up being so very easy. These were with a latin twist of course, Eggs Benedict with Chipotle Hollandaise. When I was looking up a link for this recipe it on Food Network (because I'm too lazy to type), I saw that it only received 3 stars from reviewers over there. Jokers. I did forgo the canadian bacon and replaced it with cooked spinach and a tomato slice for more of a Florentine Benedict. Even if I am alone in my opinion, I loved the chipotle flavor in the hollandaise and would definitely make it again and again and again.

Breaking the yolk is fun.

6 comments:

Shannon Hardin said...

I have never considered Eggs Benedict without swine-related goodness included, but this looks interesting. Although I do like spinach, after I saw what you had done I began wondering how some avocado would have worked rather than the spinach.

That could also be because I haven't bought avocados in a while, and I've had a bit of a craving lately.

Mary said...

You are a genius--you can be my honorary advisor. I will make this again soon with avocados. Now if only I had some SharePoint development to do...

Leslie said...

that also looks delicioso!! I was just watching her show today...and i have a crush on Jamie Oliver... so i was thinking, what would you say are the ultimate best cookbooks to have, since you are going through all 1 million of yours? Top 5?

Leslie said...

top 10, if you can't make your list that small!! :o)

Mary said...

Oh wow...tough one. I'd say I have to think about that a bit more tomorrow to ensure that my favorites list is complete. Don't want to leave a special one off the top ten.

Brown Family Blog said...

Hey, I have the same forks and knives!!!

And your food looks good too. :o)