Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Boboli Gardens


Boboli Gardens is pretty centrally located in Florence just a bit south of the Arno and just a few minutes walk if you cross at the Ponte Vecchio.  This was my first visit there and all I could think was how beautiful these trees must be in the fall.  While golden aspens are beautiful, this Denver girl really wants to see a colorful autumn again.     

I had my first Italian class in which I am for the 5th time in my life, learning an alphabet.  The early part of studying a language as many of you know, is quite humbling in that it's almost like being back in kindergarten--except that kindergarten was harder with all of its unattainable coloring page goals. 

Since I am hunkering down right now and trying to settle in and yes, learn numbers as well as the alphabet, I'll let the photos from Boboli Gardens speak for themselves.   Just two items here...

1. Go.  It's stunning.  
2. Ditch your cutie shoes and embrace the tourist comfortable shoe look.  I was improperly shod for a walk that was essentially lots of uphill walking on gravel.  The other chicas in open shoes seemed to a agree.  Pebbles in sandals are pretty awful.








What do you think the Medicis did all day in their grand palazzo?




11 comments:

Leslie said...

these gardens are beautiful!! i

sophia said...

We loved the Boboli Gardens so this is just a wonderful memory for us! I wish my photos were as beautiful as yours but the ones in my head are good! :) I am loving your photos and hope you are getting settled in!

Lila said...

My husband proposed in Boboli so it has an extra special place in our hearts. Thanks for the walk down memory lane!

Lila said...

I totally didn't know this was there until after I left and my friend told me about it. I wish I'd known but it's a great reason to go back to Florence if you really need a reason to go back to Florence. I love the pictures, it makes me want to be there!

Lila said...

I love the PItti Palace but it was raining when we were there so we didn't go into the garden. We'll definitely make sure we get there next time, it looks so pretty!

Lila said...

what on earth are they doing in that statue? very pretty pictures as usual.

Lila said...

Fun, fun, fun! These gardens are so beautiful and I"m thinking of taking my mother who is a huge gardener to Italy. I think this goes on our must see list. I love the statues especially because they add a kind of charm to the gardens.

Lila said...

Such a pretty garden!

Lila said...

Gggggorgeous! We love Boboli especially the collection of art in the Pitti Palace. I think I could spend all day in the gardens and you captured it beautifully!

Lila said...

The gardens are so stunning. We visited the Pitti Palace but it was pouring rain and couldn't go into the garden. I was sad then and now again when I see your beautiful pictures. There's always next time right?

Lila said...

These pictures in the garden are just so pretty. We've been to Florence many times but only for a day and never seem to get outside the main area for some reason, maybe it's trying to cross the Ponta Vechio that overwhelms us. :) I will have to brave it next time!