Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July Tarts


Have you seen the little tart making tool-a-ma-thing from Pampered Chef?  I've been to many a party and come away with many a product that I rarely use or even remember I own.  The mini tart shell making thing (what is it called?!) is something that I grab often though....it makes mini tarts about as easy as they come.

I started with my fav tart shell recipe from Dorie Greenspan. Food processor makes it easy peasy.


Then all you do to make these shells is just drop a ball into each mini muffin cup, dip the tool into powdered sugar and then press it firmly into each cup.  The dough will push up the sides. You'll want to press the the dough fairly thin as it rises slightly during baking.  I was able to make 30 shells with the one recipe and it took about 15 minutes.  Then you freeze and bake and fill with your favorite filling and fruit.  Lemon and lime curds make some pretty phenomenal fillings and you can't go wrong with any berry (I used the greek yogurt filling from my original tart post above.) Be warned though that mini tarts are a bit dangerous as they are just so easy to pop right in your mouth.  Oh how I do love fresh ripe summer berries...


Happy and safe 4th of July!

14 comments:

Bonjour! said...

,,,a perfect red, white and blue sweet,,,happy independence day!,,,

Lila said...

gorgeous photos as alwasy! Happy 4th to you!

Lila said...

I love 4th of July desserts and all the flag themed tarts and cakes! I remember begging my mom to make the flag themed cake on the cover of a Womans day long ago!

sophia said...

Fruit tarts are my favoritest dessert out there. I love a lemon curd with fresh strawberries or raspberries--it's like pink lemondae in a pie!

Lila said...

i have that tool to! ashamed to admit i never use it but this motivates me! happy independence day!

Lila said...

i love 4th of july bbqs and all the great red white and blue desserts!

Lila said...

So pretty! I love fresh fruit desserts as well and these look super easy! Thanks for sharing!

Bronwyn said...

Hope you had a great 4th!

Lila said...

Such vibrant photos! I love Dorie's recipes. I've never tried a bad one and since this is yogurt and fruit it's super healthy right? ;)

Lila said...

I love Martha Stewarts holiday issues. Did you see the red white and blue cookies on last month's issue? I wanted to try those but wasn't ambitious enough. These are adorable!

Lila said...

These are so pretty and so colorful!

Monica said...

OK seriously yummy! You must spoil your coworkers with all these treats.

Claire said...

You have a nice blog. Try to visit my blog too www.claire-fernandez.blogspot.com... Thanks

Unknown said...

Pampered Chef Consultant here and they are called tart shapers :)