Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ladybug Cake Pops


One little Peanut I know turned 4 this week. Four. For real and she asked for a ladybug birthday cake. This auntie was so sad to be celebrating it from so far away and not making her cake this year. But my sweet little Peanut is heading this way in a couple of weeks and so sister came over for a cake pop fest and I practiced my ladybugs.

Sister made these ultra cute watermelon pops.


I've found that my favorite cake pops to make are the molded ones.  They make take a little longer if you have a limited number of molds, but they require less precision, and looks so smooth and glassy when you all is finished. 

Take these little cupcakes.  You just use the little candy cup molds they sell at Hobby Lobby or Michaels, paint the candy melts into the mold, let harden in the fridge for about five minutes, and then press some cake pop mix into it. You round up the tops and then just dip the entire top half in another color candy melt.  There's no shaping and little room for error.  I like when something has minimal room for error.


And turns out lady bugs are just as easy.  I used a round mold, and ended up with an entire ladybug family because of the different sizes.





20 comments:

Lila said...

Those are all so cute! I bought the candy mold you used for the little cupcakes but haven't tried to make cakepops yet. Maye this weekend we'll try.

Welcome to Las Vegas is right! :)

Melody said...

love the new cake pops ~ they are all so cute - Peanut will love the ladybugs for sure!

I haven't ventured to the AK DMV yet - but I got the same sticker shock you did for car insurance...thanks to all of the UNINSURED motorists here...so backwards!!!

Ladybug party supplies said...

I like those pretty cupcakes, I really wish to have these for my baby shower soon!

Colleen said...

The ladybugs are A-dorable! I wondered how you got them so perfect... now I know. :)

Congrats on becoming a Nevada resident.

Lila said...

I really love Vegas I beg my boyfriend to take me a couple of times a year!

ladybug tatoos are so cute!

Lila said...

I think I'm pretty lucky here. The Idaho DMV office near us is smallish and there's never a line.


Thanks for the molding instructions. I always wondered how some look so perfectly shiny! My daughter will love these.

sophia said...

Those are so cute!! Way too cute and the watermelons are so cute to! It's so summery and you make it sound easy. I have to say I love that!

Lila said...

those are just too precious! and the watermelons are afully cute also!

I drive to Vegas sometimes and LV drivers are off the wall crazy. But then again, a lot of those plates say "California" We're pretty crazy too.

Bronwyn said...

I love all of your cake pops! These are especially fun though have to say my favs were the Boston Terriers of course. :)

Ellie said...

we made some of the sushi pops had on an earlier post. They were so much fun and my stepdaughter now thinks I'm pretty cool. :) These look fun too!

Lila said...

Perfect little pops! We have been watching the cake pops popping up all over and I'm pretty sure we'll be diving in soon. so cute!

Lila said...

Such cute ladybugs and watermelons. It looks so summerish!

Lila said...

Colorado to Las Vegas is a big change in temperature isn't it? I was in Vegas on summer and it was so outrageously hot! hope you are staying cool somehow.

these are so adorable!

Monica said...

Now you can get that locals discount at Shark Reef....

Taufiq Hp said...

NICE BLOG......BLOGWALKING OK?.....Visit my blog http://taufiqhp.blogspot.com/ thx........

Anonymous said...

just darling!

atvmtngirl said...

The ladybugs are so adorable, peanut will love them! You really need to think of opening your own bakery~you are so talented!

Lila said...

entirely toooooo cute!

Lila said...

I am making these for my daughters birthday because she loves ladybugs. these are awesome!

Unknown said...

where did you buy that mold? and what did you use for the faces?